Fun facts about bitcoins is really interesting…
For those who do or may not know that…
Bitcoins is a worldwide cryptocurrency and digital payment system also known as the first decentralized digital currency..
The Bitcoins system works without a central source or single administrator.
Asides the financial technology involved there are some fun facts you don’t know…
Also they are things you probably did not know too about bitcoins which would be listed below…
Fun Facts About Bitcoins ~ What You Need To Know
1. In 2010 1 bitcoin was $100. Can you believe it, the same currency today is worth over $3600 which was once $100. In October 31st 2008 Bitcoin was valued for 50 cents…. Who knows what it would be by 2022?
2. You can hide money in bitcoins because there is no physical evidence to prove anything or that you sold it to anyone. It is solely between you and the other person.
3. The first Bitcoin purchase was for Pizza. Did you know that the reason why May 22 is celebrated as Bitcoin Pizza Day is because seven years ago on that day, someone bought Pizzas with bitcoins and this purchase was a big deal because no retailer was accepting bitcoins at that time for goods and services.
4. The inventor of Bitcoin is a mystery. Since the inception of bitcoins in 2009, there has been several speculations about who the father of Bitcoin is. The bitcoin whitepaper was made open to the public under the pseudonym of Satoshi Nakamoto. The identity of “Satoshi” is still a mystery yet to be solved. Although it is suspected that (Samsung and Toshiba) —- Satoshi; and (Nakamichi and Motorola) —- Nakamoto are the real owners.
5. There will only ever be 21 million bitcoins. Bitcoins’ supply is finite. At present, 16.3 million have already been mined and are being traded. The last bitcoin will be mined in 2140. After that, no new bitcoins can be mined.
6. Mel B. The former Spice Girls group member is the first musical artist to accept payments in bitcoins